Thursday, February 05, 2009

Hey Sweetie


I'm the General Treasurer for our enlisted spouses club on base and I've been asked to make the members birthday, congrats, and new baby cards. Since it's been almost a week since I've really stamped I figured I'd get my mojo flowing by completing two challenges in 1 card to get me movin! I saw Taylor's TECC53 sketch challenge which I really like and also liked the Our Creative Corner Crazy For Heart's challenge.
Last Friday I placed my first order with I Heart Papers and can you believe my order was here on Wednesday?!! I didn't realize I ordered so much My Mind's Eye paper but man they have a great selection. For my card I used paper from My Minds Eye called Irresistible Sweet Blossoms. I used Regal Rose as the card base and layered it with Bravo Burgundy. I used the Swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder. The stamp set is from Hey There Cupcake. I found some cute heart jewels that I completely forgot I had by Queen & Co. On the outer edges of some of the cardstock I distressed using one of my keys on my keychain. Well I'm off to post my challenge cards on the respective blogs. Can't wait to check everyone's cards out they did for the challenges as well. I'll be sharing the cards I make today for the club and sharing throughout the rest of the week and weekend.

17 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

i just love this! the white embossed paper just gives it extra uumph!! great work!

~*Joni said...

Ohhh pretty pretty pretty. I think it is safe to say that you have not lost any mojo in your stamping absence. ;) Ahhh, those Enlisted women will be spoiled by your creations!

laos348 said...

This is fabulous. You did a great job with the sketch challenge and that paper looks great with the image.

Alison Anderson said...

Super great card! Very cute! I am getting tired of valentines- thank you for the inspiration!

Joanne Travis said...

This card is perfection! All of your details are so lovely!

xiumaiyuki said...

This is super pretty!!! I love everything from the Swiss Dots to the pretty PP.

Rosie Lilya said...

SO pretty! I love the bling :) great card

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

This is such a beautiful card - I just love these colors and the cupcake is great. The members will be in awe of what you bring them.

Scrapping Julie said...

wonderful card felicia. congrats on that awesome RAK you recieved.

Karen said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors and textures. I can't see where you have lost any mojo ... you have beautiful items on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Felicia, Gorgeous, gorgeous card, so beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!

Becky said...

love this dp, this card is just so sweet.

Cindy said...

Great card...I have just got to get a cupcake stamp! :o)

Carmen said...

Awesome card!!! How is Germany today? Love the cupcake but you already knew I would....LOL

Leigh said...

This card is so pretty. Love it.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. Love cupcakes.

Unknown said...

beautiful card :) love the heart embellishments