Friday, January 23, 2009

Owl Be Yours Valentine


This is for LaToya's challenge in SCS blogger 7 group. Her challenge was to make a Valentine not using any pinks, reds, or white. Man was that hard!! I kept pulling out my favorite color Rose Red. I pulled out a few different sets to complete my card like the tree from Season of Friendship by Stampin' Up!, Wise Owl by Papertrey Ink, and the hearts are from two other sets that I don't know the names of. We're getting ready to have a movie night otherwise I'd research and try to find the name. I will come back and fill that in later. I chose to use Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Close to Cocoa, and Very Vanilla. I stamped the tree in Close to Cocoa, and stamped the hearts in Perfect Plum all over the tree. I then stamped the owl in Chocolate Chip and colored him in with Stampin' Up! markers. I cut him out and put him on a fat pop dot. I used and old retired background stamp from Stampin' Up! One of my favorite background stamps to this day! I was going to either put purple flock or purple glitter on the hearts to make them pop but can you believe I don't have anything purple!? So that's on my to buy list next little online shopping spree I do. Anyway ladies I hope you enjoy the card! Can't wait for this groups next challenge!!!

13 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

I love this card, it's as cute as can be with that owl in the branches. I wish that I had bought that tree set, there is nothing comparable in the new catalog like I was hoping for.
Have a great day, Felicia!

LaToya said...

Oh Felicia you did a wonderful job. I just love the shades of purple. And the hearts on the branches are so cute.

sarahw said...

Felicia, super cute Valentine's Day card! Love the owl and the hearts and the tree and the colors and the...okay that's it. :)

Leigh said...

Aaaawww what a cute owl. Great take on the challenge.

Jennifer Talley said...

This is so cute Felicia! Good job!

laos348 said...

This turned out super cute. I would have such a tough time with this challenge. I always use the traditional colors for Valentine cards.

Anonymous said...

Felicia, I love this card. I think my next purchase will include that owl. I don't think I have one and their a must these days!

Jean McKenzie said...

Gorgeous card - I just love that cute owl and you have done so well with your non valentine colours!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Felicia - this is a great card for the challenge. I love it - the colors are wonderful and I just love the owl.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Is this card ever cute!!! Thanks for sharing.

Alison Anderson said...

How cute is that owl!?!

{Sarah Coyle} said...

Felicia, this is great! I love how different everyones cards are in this challenge!! tfs

Anonymous said...

What a perfect answer to the challenge! You had such a creative use of stamp sets, I love it! Its just too darn cute.