Saturday, January 24, 2009

Recipe Somethings - Challenge


Wouldn't you know that the Stamp Something blog had the perfect recipe challenge for me on Friday? The challenge is to make a project all about recipes. My mom has been asking me to make her something to keep all her recipes together. I can remember being a child and my mom always had a drawer in the kitchen full of cut out recipes from magazines. I think I was about 7 when I first remember, and here is it 23 years later and do you know she still has that same drawer with all the recipes? lol So now it's time to get all those recipes on recipe cards so she can be more organized. I can't wait for her to get her box of goodies. I know she doesn't read my blog cause she's not all that computer saavy and so I can say what's in her box. She's going to probably cry when she looks at the box. On the inside of the lid I've handwritten her a note something to personalize it from me. I can't wait to hear from her when she receives it. I had a lof of fun with this challenge. A few months ago I ordered the egg boxes from Papertrey Ink when Nicole first introduced them along with the recipe cards. They are something amazing! I'm going to order some more and give them as birthday gifts to those friends of mine that I know love to collect and use recipes. I used the Recipe Box stamp set by Papertrey Ink too. The dp paper is by Making Memories in the Noteworthy collection called Hillary Lace Flower. This is some YUMMY paper! I'm off to finish a few more challenges I wanted to finish before the weekend is up. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday! Our Saturday is almost over....

21 comments:

Erin... said...

such a pretty recipe box. Love the pretty flower adn the great colors. Thanks for playing:)

xiumaiyuki said...

That is such a pretty recipe box! I have yet to do anything with mine. Love the PP!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, what an awesome idea...I luv the box you made, fabulous work girl! *~*

Scrapping Julie said...

funny, i had recipes thrown in drawers like that too.now i just dont cook anymore!teehee I have been meaning to make a recipe box!

Jean McKenzie said...

What a pretty box and a great idea for filing your recips. I love the papers you used.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Oh, I love this recipe box. It is not only pretty but very useful.

Felicia said...

I forgot to write that I used modge podge all over the paper so that if she gets it dirty she can wipe it clean with a damp cloth.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous box. I so need to give up work then I can be surrounded by these gorgeous creations! lol

Becky said...

This is a fabulous looking box. I just love the colors. May be I should make myself one so I can get back in to cooking. :)

Gramrussell said...

Great gift idea. I'm sure everyone would love to get one. It's so pretty and useful too!

Frogwoman said...

What a lovely recipe box. The paper you used is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a fabulous gift for your mom...wish I could be a fly on the wall when she gets it!! She's gonna love it!!
hugs, Jami

{Sarah Coyle} said...

such a great gift for your mom!! love it all!

~*Joni said...

Felicia, the colors have such a pretty vintage and classic feel to it. What a great project for your mom! I have fond memories of scattered recipes as well...I think she still has that same organization all these years later. Thanks for sharing a creative and great idea. :D

Joanne Travis said...

I LOVE your recipe box!! I need to make one of these and get a bit more organized. Excellent work, Felicia!

Hayley said...

Love your recipe box so professional looking.
x

Els G. said...

Such a beautiful box and such a thoughtful and lovely gift for your mother! I'm sure she'll love it!
Els
x

laos348 said...

Very pretty! It's been a goal of mine to start making my recipes look pretty. So far I've only done one - LOL - I need to get moving!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love the box....very pretty!

Gina Lindsay said...

What a sweet thing to do for your mom! Your recipe box is beautiful.

Leigh said...

Oh wow, I just love this. I'm sure you Mum did too. Gorgeous project.