Monday, December 08, 2008

Manuel's Christmas tree

Manuel's teacher sent home a Christmas tree kit which included some green and blue construction paper. They had to make a tree out of the green paper and glue it to the blue paper. Then use whatever supplies you have at home to decorate it. Of course he wants to use my stamp supplies. I asked him to look at my punches to see what we could use for ornaments and he picked the 1/2 inch circle punch. I put glue dots where he pointed on the tree he wanted them and he stuck them on. He wanted to draw lights he drew three and gave up. He wanted snow flakes so he used some Whisper White craft ink and stamped away. Then he saw the snowman and Santa Claus stamps sitting on my desk and asked to stamp one on each side. He said "mom can we use some of that (stickles) for the sparkly stuff like on our tree?" He was referring to the garland on the tree. However I controlled the stickles I can't waste stickles. :) After all was said and done the next morning after everything dried he asked to take a picture so we could email it to his dad who is away for work. He wanted to show dad what a cool job he did on his tree.



3 comments:

Joy said...

Very cute! Great job Manuel! :)

LeAnne said...

I would say he did an awesome job on the tree! He inherited some talent, didn't he?
LeAnne

Jen Stevenson said...

Good job Manuel! My next recruit!