Monday, December 08, 2008

Just Because


I'm feeling so good right now house is clean, laundry is drying, and dinner is already planned and it's only 9:01am! I'm even showered!! I'm at least showered because I'm leaving in a bit to volunteer in my son's classroom. Anyway I checked out Julee's Mojo challenge and actually had it done last night however I really dislike taking picture's at night. I took the picture this morning and it's super dark background cause it's sitting on my black craft table. Oh well...I used Julee's Mojo64 sketch challenge and incorporated Color Throwdown's CTD22 color challenge. I used Basic Black, Regal Rose, & Certainly Celery. I keep trying to use up this background paper because I have bits and pieces in my scrap drawer and wouldn't you know this fit perfect for the card! I used the sentiment "just because" because I love giving. Even if it's not your birthday. This is the time of year people should really give back to the community or their friends who help them a lot. I have a big heart with a small pocket book so I can't always afford to get gifts but I love to make a stack of cards or alter some 3-d item to lift a friends spirits if they are down and out. I hope you all are able to relax during these next few weeks before Christmas arrives.



13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Felicia, I love this card! I love black & white polka dots, and it is perfect for this image! Thanks for playing the CTD! I had to laugh that you said you had all your chores & were showered by 9 am! SOMETIMES that happens to me!! :D
LeAnne

LORi said...

Super Cute Card!! I am a fan of B&W polka Dots!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is fabulous! Love the black and white polka dots. Thanks for playing! :)

Michelle said...

Love the card! Thanks for visiting my blog - I was born and raised in Lawrence,KS as well! I now live in Topeka!

Angela said...

The card is too cute and what fun that your son used your craft stuff to decorate his tree!

Loved the 'big heart...small purse' comment...I feel the same way.

Happy Holidays!

Karen said...

Hi Felicia!!

Welcome to the scs bloggers group 7! I look forward to seeing lots more of your beautiful work!

Karen
xo

Kitty G said...

Hi Felicia,
Love your cards - I can see I will be back for more visits.

I am from SCS blogger group 7 and can't wait to get to know you and the other ladies better

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Hi Felicia!! Gotta love those Bellas! This is the first of what I hope is many fun little posts on your blog, as I've just joined SCS Blogger Group #7 with you!! Can't wait to see what the future holds for us all and our crafting!! Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Hi Felicia! I've joined the SCS blogger group 7 with you and am looking forward to seeing what fun stuff you post on your blog. This card is really cute! Love the colors.

Scrapping Julie said...

super cute card. I love the mojo sketches. great for you for being on top of things so early in the day!! have a Merry Christmas

LaToya said...

Hi Felicia,
Beautiful Bella card. Welcome to Blogger 7-I know we are going to have lots of fun.

Teresa Kline said...

hello Felicia...i am Teresa aka va.sunshine..I am in blogger group #7..it is nice to meet you...Merry Christmas! I am going to add my photo to follow your blog..I would luv for you to follow me! *~*

Marla said...

love the Bella. love the card.

Marla