Friday, October 17, 2008

My New (old) craft table

I used to use a writing desk as my craft table but it just wasn't big enough. I had been searching and searching the Ramsteinyardsales.com website for a old farmers kitchen table. I wanted something that I could sand and repaint to give it my own flair. Well this lady was selling a old kitchen table and it was exactly what i was looking for. It came with 4 ugly chairs and the table for $50! What a deal it was!! Those I will have to recover but I'm not sure how to do that so I'll have to find someone who might know to help me.


Here is what it looked like when I bought it and I had started to strip the paint.


Here is what it looks like after. I painted it black to go with my decor in the room. I really love the way it turned out and I think I've found a new hobby that I'd enjoy doing.

I'm always on the look out for a piece of furniture that I can make my own. It's kind of hard here in Germany though because on the economy the thrift stores aren't so cheap once the Euro is coverted into dollars.

Thanks for taking a peek at my room!


1 comments:

Carmen said...

Fantastic job!