Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sweet Birthday Wishes, TECC31

Good morning! I woke up this morning to the noise of rain just pounding down outside. I LOVE it when it rains. I had no clue it was to rain on Labor Day here in Germany. Oh well, it will be a perfect day to do odd and end things around the house. I especially love the mornings when the kids sleep in and I can check email and get on online in peace and quiet. That's why I'm trying to get my card posted for Taylored Expressions cupcake challenge #31. I finished my card yesterday but ran out of time to post it. Yesterday while checking my myspace account I thought hmmm....why not use the color scheme from my myspace page to use for her challenge. My page is set to private but you can find the myspace page from Pyzam here. The colors in the page are Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Basic Black, Apricot Appeal and Whisper White. I used just a bit of the Apricot Appeal to throw some of that color in there somewhere. I inked up my Birthday Cupcake stamp set by Inkadinkadoo. I purchased it at Joanns.com during 4th of July when it was on sale and shipping was free! What a deal right? I stamped the heart from the set as a background on the Pink Passion and then I went over the hearts with my new Black Diamond stickles I bought at the Spangdahlem AB crafts store. My sweet husband drove me an hour and 15 minutes away just so I could go to the craft store. They have a large selection of stuff on hand. He made my day Saturday! Instead of using a sentiment in the oval circle I used my large sentiment from the Birthday Cupcake set on the main image panel. My mom lives in Kansas and she goes to Topeka pretty often. She was there recently and happened upon a new scrapbook store. She does not stamp or not scrapbook at all but she's always thinking of me so she went in to see what she could find. Well she found this ADORABLE cupcake punch by EK Success. Actually the owner had made several cards using the punch and my mom could not find the punch so she ordered one. When it came in my mom went to get it and sent it to me! She knows I love cupcakes. I paper pieced the cupacke. I used some black eyelet designer paper for the liner, and I cut out the pink passion cupcake top. I also punched and pieced a piece of apricot appeal for the candle portion. I added some rhinestones because all cards need bling somewhere! Finished it off with some black and white polka dot organdy ribbon! Uh-oh I hear people moving about upstairs. In a few minutes I'll have to start breakfast so I'm off to start my day!



Supplies: Birthday Cupcake set by Inkadinkadoo, Black Diamond stickles, Black & White polka dot organdy ribbon, Scallop oval punches, Cupcake punch by EK Success, Basic Black ink, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Basic Black, Apricot Appeal, and Whisper White cardstock, Rhinestones, Pink Passion Stampin' Up! stampin write marker




5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Super CUTE!!
Love the Polka Dots on the cupcake and I LOVE the hot pink color -- :)

Gwen said...

very cute! love the colors & that polka dot cupcake paper is just so adorable!!

Sankari W. said...

LOVE the colors and that cupcake is just beyond yummy! Your DH is so sweet to drive you an 1hr 15min to the craft store!! I think my DH needs to read your blog! LOL!! I love the black diamond stickles - they are my fave and I love that your mom bought you a cupcake punch! (and OMG there is a cupcake punch!!!! WOW! That is a must have!!) Hope you are having a great day! Best wishes from Iowa,
Sankari

Taylor said...

Totally cute! Love the color combo! I hope you're enjoying your rainy day!

Carmen said...

Very sweet. I love cupcakes too. Thx for infomring me ogf that punch. So cool.