Sunday, June 08, 2008

Penguin Chick Sketch Challenge


I haven't been too active in stamping lately. I'm ready to get back into the swing of things though and I thought the perfect way was to do this sketch challenge #179 from over at SCS last week. I actually did this card on Wednesday but am just now having a chance to post it. I bought these stamps from Eclectic Paperie when they first came out. I'm just now inking them up! These penguins are so cute. I stamped Penguin Chick by Imaginisce Stamps with Palette Inkpad in Noir Black on Whisper White. After stamping her in Noir Black I used my 2 way glue pen and sprinkled pink Fun Flock on her hula skirt. Amy over on Prairie Paper & Ink did a tutorial on how to use Fun Flock with 2 way glue so I followed her directions. It was so easy! Nestabilities were used for the scallop circle and plain circle. I LOVE the Nestabilities my second favorite item by far. Perfect Plum was used as my card base I then layered YoYo Yellow on top and used some paper I bought from Hobby Lobby a long time ago before I left the states. The paper is so bright and cheery that I chose to stick with 2 colors from the paper. I used white polka dot ribbon on top of the YoYo Yellow strips down the right and bottom sides. I used a little bling in the middle of her flower in her hair.

1 comments:

kk127g said...

Wow What a fun card.
Great blog.
KK