Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sweet Valentine Double Pocket Bag


Right before we moved from San Antonio a bunch of my friends and I met up for one last dinner at The Cheesecake Factory at the mall in San Antonio. Jeneane my upline brought me a adorable double pocket bag filled with some stamp goodies as my going away present. I was in love with the bag and asked her to give me directions. She sent me a 12X12 piece of paper with the dimensions on the back. I'm not sure who originally came up with it but quite a while after she gave it to me they posted a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers for this Double Pocket Bag. It may look a little intimidating but if you give it a try it is really super simple. So tonight as I sit here in peace and quiet after putting the boys to bed I thought I'd rather not do a card. I feel so guilty ALWAYS doing challenges. I feel like all my personal creativity has gone away like I can't survive without a challenge so I pulled out the directions for this bag and decided to recreate it with a Valentine theme. I will be filling this to the brim with little things for my son's teacher aide Mrs. Carenza. She is going to die when she see's it. She's all about cute crafty things!
I used 1 piece of 12X12 designer paper by Sassafras called Sunshine Lollipop, the Sweet stamp from Sweet on You by Stampin' Up!, and some shiny chocolate ribbon from American Crafts ribbon. You can't see it but on the opposite side of the heart paper is stripes in the same color pink, a orange color, and brown color. It's some really cute paper and thick too! Anyway I hope you'll give this project a try!

12 comments:

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

How awesome! I am gonna look up that tutorial. I know the teacher is gonna love it!

Ashley Newell said...

Felicia, this is gorgeous!

Becky said...

This bag is gorgeous, I love the dp and that divine ribbon.

Alfredo Gallardo said...

Nice Bag, and thank You! for the link to that tutorial.

Anonymous said...

Felicia, this bag is so cute! I love the DP. Thanks for reminding me about this project type. I keep thinking about trying it and then get distracted by other projects. You did a wonderful job with it.

laos348 said...

This looks fantastic - and I love those colors together!

~*Joni said...

I love this! I can't wait to try the tutorial. I agree about challenges, I get all tunnel vision-ed with them. ;) Your bag is so pretty with just the right amount of accents. She'll love it!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Oh, this is adorable - I love it.

Alison Anderson said...

Super cute bag! I love the knotted ribbon handles!

Leigh said...

Fabulous bag Felicia.

Amber said...

Love the bag.

Unknown said...

this is absolutely adorable. i'm glad you posted the instructions link.