Sunday, January 04, 2009

TECC49


Today we ended up doing nothing! It was a lazy day at home to prepare to get back into the swing of our routines starting tomorrow. I love routine. I think the kids are so ready to be back in school. I know I am! I was able to crank out a few cards today. I love when I can just do a card here and there throughout the day. I chose to do Taylored Expression cupcake challenge #49. Luckily I already had a piece of chipboard from Stampin' Up! inked up with real red craft ink. I couldn't figure out what to do with it so I put it back in my stash to use later. And what do you know her challenge was a perfect time to use it. So I quickly grabbed it and put it together with some black and white cardstock to make a Valentine themed card. It's a 4X4 card base on Basic Black. Then whisper white, and the inked up chipboard on top. I cut some small thin strips of Basic Black cardstock to get the squares. This will be going in my pile of Valentine cards for me to mail out. Or who knows maybe it will end up being one of my son's teachers card.

5 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

very nice!! I too like routine and can't wait til tomorrow when the older one goes back to school...now if dh wasn't laid off...hmmm

Leigh said...

I like the layout and colours Felicia.

Teri said...

What a great card for the TECC challenge! You're ahead of the game! xo, Teri

Kathryn said...

First of all -- I am a graduate of KU -- ROCK CHALK -- LOVE Lawrence so much !! I now live across the state line in Missouri. UGH :)

Second -- Your card is ADORABLE!! I LOVE the red/Black combination so much -- it's one of my favorites!!!

Take care!!

Taylor said...

How cute, Felicia! Love your cheery Vday card! Thanks for playing the challenge!