Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Alexis Name Frame

A few months ago I went to a babyshower and as part of my gift I made the baby a name frame for her bedroom. All the women who were there (mainly non crafters) went bonkers over the name frame. At the baby shower I had several women come up to me and ask if I would make them and sell them. Let me tell you it has really taken off! I'm not sure if it's because we are in Germany and these are not so popular here but I've been getting orders left and right. I'm down to three frames though. YIKES! I'm waiting on a box of frames to come from a friend. She hunts down all the Wal-Mart stores and buys the frames that I need. I'm probably going to have to look at various stores around here to see if I can find something similar. However it won't be as cheap so I'll have to raise my prices. The dollar is bad here in Europe. The last few days the dollar has gone up. But at one point it was $1.71 for every Euro. Now it's at $1.39 for 1 Euro that is today's rate. It's fluctuates daily. So I just wanted to share a picture of the name frame I did as my first order for Alexis. Her mother absolutely LOVED it. The picture doesn't do it justice. The colors are more bold in real life.


11 comments:

Carmen said...

Can you hear me clapping for a job well done!!!!! This is wonderful!!! I can see why they loved it. Make some money girl!!! :)

Candy said...

This is a great idea and will bring you in some money so you can tell your DH you have a J O B !! Beautifully done - you go girl!
Hugs,
Candt

stampingtink said...

Very cute! Good luck with your frames. They're adorable!

Debby said...

Love your name frame. You have many cute cute cute creations on your blog. Looking forward to seeing more. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Great job! This is wonderful.

Meli Palmer said...

That is adorable. What a wonderful gift!

Mae said...

How sweet & what a great business venture. Welcome to the group & I love the cards you have made!

Hulachickabella said...

These are SUPER cute! And, yes, I will vow to never take our Super Walmart for granted again! =) Happy Day!

www.hulachickabella.blogspot.com

Mel =)

Jamie Martin said...

The name frame is a great idea and so pretty.

Angela said...

Beautiful! You are so creative, Felicia!

Great minds think alike!...I just did the same for a friend of mine a few weeks ago!!!...but my gift didn't have that lovely frame...

Gotta get me a Stateside shopper! lol

April said...

What a great gift idea. I have a girl that just moved here that is expecting and I think this would be a great gift! Thanks for the hint!!!! Or maybe I will just order one from you (we'll see how mine turns out...if I do it!)