Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Girlfriends Mojo Monday #42


The sketch over at Julee's blog is so wonderful this week that I had to make a card. It's Mojo Monday over there. I broke out my Stamping Bella stamp that I bought a long time ago and have not used. I was really intimidated by it because of all the details you have to color but once I started coloring it wasn't so bad. I tried to stay within the colors in the paper & cardstock used. They are having Chocolate ice cream hence the color of the ice cream. I try to incorporate chocolate where ever possible in life! :) The card base is Bashful Blue, Cameo Coral is matted on top. I used some cute scrapbook paper I found at the arts & craft center on base two days ago. The paper is by American Crafts called Spring & Summer Teacups. You'll see some other cute papers I picked up there in future posts too. I stamped the "Sweetybellas" stamp in Stazon black ink on Whisper White cardstock. I colored the image using Cameo Coral, Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel, Certainly Celery & Chocolate Chip stampin write markers. It was matted onto more Cameo Coral cardstock and used dimensionals to make it stand out a bit. I used blue prima flowers with black brads from the vintage brads by Stampin' Up! I used the Much Appreciated stamp set by Stampin' Up!

4 comments:

Larissa said...

Wow this is so cute! Love the flowers and the bright colors! Love the bella stamp

Anonymous said...

Love the strips of patterned paper for the background. Very cute card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Fun card! This is the perfect DP for the image. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)

Unknown said...

What a cute card! I love how you cut the bg paper into strips. What a fun idea!