Sunday, April 13, 2008

Taylored Expressions Color Challenge 11


All weekend I've been wanting to do this color challenge Taylor posted on her blog. While at the Black Forest yesterday I was trying to come up with a layout and what I wanted to use. I'm pretty happy with what I chose. This time I made a card 5X5 which I've never done before. I like how much room there is to play with! The card base is Tempting Turquoise, then I used my slit punch to make a scalloped edge on Pumpkin Pie after that I cuttlebug'd that piece with the swirls embossing folder. I layered a piece of Soft Sky on top of the Gable Green. On the Gable Green piece I daubed Gable Green. On top of that I wanted the Soft Sky to pop a little because it looked a little dull so I layered a piece of Whisper White on top. I used my scallop punches and stamped the Hey There Cupcake set on my card. I added some brads on the lower left corner and I punched out some corners using my Stampin' Up! Photo Corners punch. I also daubed Pumpkin Pie onto the corners too. Lastly I cut some Gable Green polka dot ribbon from a ribbon share Taylor held a long time ago.


2 comments:

Sandy said...

Cute card!! The colors looks great with that adorable cupcake image. Love the orange scallop you created with the cuttlebugged piece of cardstock

Basement Stamper said...

Cute card, love the cupcakes!