Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Pink Elephant #2


I have 2 blog posts today so make sure to check below for the other posting. I came across The Pink Elephant on a blog recently and bookmarked it because it was a new blog starting up. I can tell these ladies are going to have some fun things in for us. Here is my card for the second challenge which is using glitter on your card! The card base is Basic Black with Pixie Pink matted on top. The designer paper is from the Black Market Paper Society called Ebony & Alabaster 6X6 pack I found that at Gina K's website too. The paper is textured and is so pretty in person. I used Cupcakeabella from Stamping Bella I stamped her in Staz On black ink onto Gina K's Pure Luxury 120 lb. white cardstock. Man oh man is that the thickest cardstock I've ever come across. It stamps wonderfully and you can watercolor and use blender pens on it with ease. I used the Labels One by Spellbinders to mat her on. I paper pieced the same dp onto the cupcake liner. I used star dust stickles on the pink dots on her dress, and black diamond stickles to outline the cupcake's frosting and then on various dots on the designer paper. I can't wait to see more challenges by The Pink Elephant!

31 comments:

Robin said...

What a wonderful card!!! I really love how you added the Stickles around the cupcake's frosting. Nice touch!! I am so happy to see that you are enjoying our challenges at TPE. We look forward to them each week too! :)
Robin

Becky said...

adorable card, love the frosting.

Karen said...

I love pink and black together!! It always looks so nice! Great job!

Karen

Annie said...

This is fabulous - I love the image. Great fun.

Thanks for joining the challenge at the Pink Elephant - it's great to see such good work.

Ann xxx

{Sarah Coyle} said...

wow how fun! Love the polka dots!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Love it, love the unexpected colors and everything, it came out awesome! :o)

~*Joni said...

Yay! Lori and her team at TPE ROCK! :D Their challenge this week is so much fun and you've done it serious justice Felicia! I love cupcakeabella, she is probably one of my all time faves. The b/w/pink is adorbale - great job!

Lisa T said...

Cute card. Love the pink and black color scheme. :)

***HeatheR*** said...

Oh my heck, what a stinkin cute card! I love teh poak-dots and love that you used the same paper on teh cupcake wrapper! Cute Cute Cute!

Christi Flores said...

Your card is too cute!! I love this!!

Debby said...

Very pretty Felicia.

Michelle-a-bella said...

What a cute card, love everything about it!

Amber said...

That is an awesome card, so femimine. Don't mean to get gushy but a big shout out to your husband for serving his country. I have the highest respect for anyone who is in the military and fighting for our freedom

Gramrussell said...

Great card. Love the little extra's you added. The challlenges sound great. I'll have to cehck them out. TFS

Carol said...

Hi Felicia,
I love the bella stamps and you've done a great job with her! The colours are fab and just the right amount of bling :)

Hugs
Carol x

sarahw said...

Felicia, I truly love this card! It just makes me smile. I just finished my glittery card for the challenge. :)

Leigh said...

Absolutely lovely. Fantastic card.

Anonymous said...

Felicia, I absolutely loved your cards. I need to get some stamps from Stamping Bella. I've been eyeing that site for awhile. Gorgeous! I didn't make Marissa's cake, I get all the cakes from this incredible bakery near me. I have Adobe 7 Photoshop. If hubby's able to help that would be awesome and appreciated. Have a great day!

Scrapping Julie said...

so cute. pink and black is my favorite combo!

xiumaiyuki said...

This card is FAB!!! love the black and pink look. so chic!

Jean McKenzie said...

Ooooooh I love those colours together and what a cute image. Great card!

Ashley Newell said...

What a fabulous card! I love the colors!

laos348 said...

Very cute - awesome color combination!

Unknown said...

Felicia,

So glad you bookmarked us! We love having you! Your card is so fun! What girl doesn't like her cupcakes? ;)

Cindy said...

great card!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

I love this - the Bella on top of the cupcake is adorable. Wonderful job on this challenge.

Joanne Travis said...

So beautifully done!! Love it in these colors.

Rose said...

Great card Felicia! I love the colors!

Rose

Anonymous said...

Felicia...as always, your card looks wonderful!

LaToya said...

Great card. I'll have to visit that site to get some inspiration.

Alison Anderson said...

This is SO ultra cool! I love this! I make to CASE it!