Sunday, April 13, 2008

Black & White prima's


Lindsay's blog In My Stamp Room's catchy blog header caught my eye! I've just recently found it and visit it often. I did not realize she has sketch challenges which seem to be my "thing" right now. It's so much easier to be able to sit down and create when there is a sketch challenge rather than trying to come up with one on your own. Tonight I decided to give her Thursday Sketch challenge a shot. Let me tell you it was so painless and not messy! Usually when I do a sketch challenge you should see my desk area. It is full of probably all the supplies I own because I will start with something I see in my mind and it will end with something completely different than what I started with. But this challenge I kinda knew exactly which paper I wanted to use and wanted it to be a mainly black and white color scheme. To start off I used Whisper White as the base. I purchased the Doodlebug Black & White eyelet paper at A Walk Down Memory Lane because they actually had it in stock! Thank you A Walk Down Memory Lane I had been on the hunt for this collection for a while and the best thing it was on sale!!! Back to my card......I then cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock and matted Basic Black to it then another Whisper White and topped it off with Prima flowers purchased at Eclectic Paperie. I used Real Red brads in the middle of the black Prima flowers, and a Basic Black brad in the red & white polka dot Prima flower. I then doodled a little and decided to not put a sentiment on front because I'm not sure what occasion the card will be used for. I'm on a roll today got 2 cards under my belt because my family has let me enjoy my day in between spending time with them....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Card!! Thanks so much for checking out my blog, and trying my sketch!!

Happy Stamping!