Friday, March 21, 2008

Purse tote



Oh my goodness has it really been this long since I've posted something? Ok yes it has. But hey I had to get all settled into our new home. I have been stamping away but haven't taken pics of everything because I can't find the charger to my camera! ACK! Note to self must find that soon because my DH isn't going to take every single picture for me. Ok back to the post....My friend's daughter is turning 13 tomorrow and she's having a birthday get together with her closest 8 friends. She asked me to make her some bags to put goodies in but little does she know I made these purses which I think she's going to adore. Her mom bought makeup, chapstick, mini perfumes, and candy to put inside each one. You can find the directions here on SCS. I scored a 8 1/2 X 11 black sheet of cardstock at 4 1/2 at each end. Then at the long 11 inch side I scored inward at 1 1/4 inches on each side. I used the designer paper from Cutie Pie and I embossed it using the Cuttlebug with the Swirl folder. I cut the handles in Certainly Celery and lightly stamped those using the Linen background stamp. The buckle on the front is from the Pewter collection same with the brads. I used the cupcake stamp from Hey There Cupcake which you can find on Eclectic Paperie. I had a lot of fun making them and can't wait to see them all put together.

0 comments: